2012 brought us a bunch of great movies like Avengers, The Hobbit, Brave, Lincoln, (your favorite movie), and more that I won’t take time to list. As good as it was, I think that this year will be just as good, maybe even better. In this post we will each list our 5 most anticipated movies for this coming year. How did we just choose 5, well it was really hard and some great movies were left out. If we’ve left any out that you think need acknowledgement let us know in the comments. Better yet, tell us your top 5! – Elliott
Elliott’s Top 5
1. Ender’s Game (Nov. 1): This classic book is finally coming to the big screen!
2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Dec. 13): More High Frame Rate! More Singing Dwarves! Maybe, we will get to see more of Smaug too!
3. Olympus Has Fallen (March 22): Gerard Butler as an Ex Secret Service Agent saves the president from terrorists. The trailer looks awesome!
4. Star Trek into Darkness (May 17): The 2nd in the series, brought to you by the director of Star Wars VII. Never in a million years did I think that would happen.
5. Oblivion (April 19): Tom Cruise + Dystopian Story = Must watch.
Gene’s Top 5
1. Man of Steel (June 14): Even without the speedos, I like watching Superman on the big-screen.
2. World War Z (June 21): The Walking Dead on AMC has me on the lookout for all things zombie.
3. Anchorman The Legend Continues (Dec. 20): Because I love lamp.
4. Oz The Great and Powerful (Mar. 8): Franco could make a good Oz, or he could ruin it.
5. After Earth: Hoping for M. Night Shyamalan to re-emerge with a good one here.
Tres’s Top 5
1. The Wolverine (July 26): No one can Do Wolverine better. I love back stories and adding cameos of other characters in the Marvel Movies.
2. Ironman 3 (May 3): I’ve always admired RD Jr’s acting ability [he could be a top 5 list for me] and am thrilled to see War Machine more involved and the Patriot uniform!!!
3. Superman: Man of Steel (June 14): He’s such an iconic character, even in the “New 52” uniform. I personally liked Roth I’m the role, but I’m looking for great things here.
4. Thor: The Dark World (Nov 8): Giant Hammers bashing through evil… nough said.
5. Lone Ranger (July 3): I grew up on the old black and white show and admiring the honesty of the role. I just have to get past the image of Hammer acting like a lovesick puppy.
Derek’s Top 5
1. World War Z (June 21): “zombie apocalypse” is one of my favorite film genres.
2. Star Trek Into Darkness (May 17): I also love sci-fi/fantasy, and the first one of this series was amazing. The addition of Benedict Cumberbatch (BBC’s Sherlock) and Karl Urban elevate this movie from “must see” to “must see or die.”
3. Anchorman 2 (Dec. 20): I’m not going to act like I’m not impressed.
4. Ender’s Game (Nov. 1): Action. Adventure. Sci-Fi. Aliens. War. Future. Harrison Ford. Ben Kingsley. Derek in theater.
5. The Great Gatsby (May 10) – I love the era that the film portrays. And if Leo is in it, it’s almost guaranteed to be awesome. Plus, it stars Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan, so I’m pretty sure I can talk my wife into seeing this one with me!