From the title this might sound like my top 10 movies of 2012, but in fact it is my favorite movies of all time as of 2012. Some of these were easy to choose, but I had to leave off a lot of good movies. With that said, here’s my 10 favorite movies.
1. Star Wars: A New Hope – This is “The” classic movie. The beginning of real special effects, the beginning of real Sci-fi. A little cheesy now, maybe. But one of the best movies ever.
2. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring – In 40 years when I retire, I’m moving into The Shire and growing really long toe hair.
3. The Avengers – The best superhero movie of all time. Thank you Joss Whedon.
4. Hitch – I never get tired of watching this. Will Smith is by far one of my favorite actors.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl – Johnny Depp does a great job. The 1st 10 minutes is one of my all time favorites scenes.
6. Equilibrium – Oppressive/controlling government mixed with Gun-fu and a Katana, Oh Yeah!!!
7. Harry Potter: The Sorcerers Stone – The beginning of my favorite series.
8. Braveheart – The pinnacle of war movies.
9. Cast Away – Tom Hanks is my 2nd favorite actor and who doesn’t want a volleyball as a friend.
10 .Toy Story – One of the 1st and best computer-animated movies. It made feel guilty for not playing with all my toys.
Other Favorites: Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, Oceans 11, Gladiator, I am Legend, Iron Man, and The Island.